Arrived on the coast last night just as the sun was setting below the Pacific Ocean emanating a wonderous pinkish orange hue with a sea of clouds siloueted on the horizon. The scene evoked a turbulence of emotions for me as we had just departed the other day from Riobamba where I had said my final goodbyes to Veronica. I think I was wrong to say in my earlier blog that my feelings for Veronica were entirely infatuation. After sitting down one night over coffee we got to discussing our relationship that had blossemed over the past several months over the phone and through the internet. We both agreed that the passionate heat we both felt at the beginning when we first met was not the same, our connection was no longer based on lust and the irrational emotions of the heart that at first seem natural and magical, but die down slowly over time and over great distances to a smoldering bed of embers that remain intact, but fade away slowly and inevitably. However, I will not say it was not love as I think nothing else could hurt this badly. I think the ride to Guayaquil Friday afternoon was thus far the most difficult part of this journey, I was in fact quite certain that I had made a huge mistake and left too early. Considering that I might never see this girl again, perhaps I was to quick to up and leave. I will not say I shed tears, but my heart was in all kind of a chaotic flux.
Big mistake leaving Riobamba in the afternoon! Arrived in Guayaquil too late that evening to catch a bus to Puerto Lopez out on the coast. Managed to find a decent hostel in the heart of town for an outrageous sum of fifteen a night, located directly in the heart of the city, with bussling crowds, chaotic sounds of cars and salsa music, bands of thugs roaming the city streets, and the sweet smell of garbage pervading the atmosphere in the sweltering heat. Danny felt sick again and had some trouble laying to rest. Eventually, with the air conditioning turned full blast, we both managed to fall to sleep in the sterile room, towering twenty feet tall, and austernly adorned with the most dull and lifeless furnishings. Awoke late Saturday morning and got to the bus station around 11am. Caught the 1 o'clock to Puerto Lopez, and arrived in Montanita later that evening.
Currently in Motanita, a small toursity, yet somewhat bohemian surf village along the southern Manabi Province of Ecuador. Last night was a huge party, but Danny and I were somewhat out of our wits from all the travel and only managed to stay up till 1 or 2am drinking Mojitos and conversing about our travels. Woke up around noon, ate a cheap breakfast of eggs, bread, cheese, and ham and made out to the beach were we swam in the Pacific. The ocean was a warm greeting, a welcoming kiss from the Equatorial sun. We splashed in the waves and let the current kick us around, watching as the beach drifting us by. We'll most likely be here till Tuesday when we make our way back north up the coast to visit with some friends of mine in the small farming village of Rio Chico. You'll be hearing from me again later in the week as our journey unfolds. Already, I've almost grown weary of Ecuador and am looking forward to venturing into Peru. But so far, no real hassles and I suppose I can't be angry for that.
Big mistake leaving Riobamba in the afternoon! Arrived in Guayaquil too late that evening to catch a bus to Puerto Lopez out on the coast. Managed to find a decent hostel in the heart of town for an outrageous sum of fifteen a night, located directly in the heart of the city, with bussling crowds, chaotic sounds of cars and salsa music, bands of thugs roaming the city streets, and the sweet smell of garbage pervading the atmosphere in the sweltering heat. Danny felt sick again and had some trouble laying to rest. Eventually, with the air conditioning turned full blast, we both managed to fall to sleep in the sterile room, towering twenty feet tall, and austernly adorned with the most dull and lifeless furnishings. Awoke late Saturday morning and got to the bus station around 11am. Caught the 1 o'clock to Puerto Lopez, and arrived in Montanita later that evening.
Currently in Motanita, a small toursity, yet somewhat bohemian surf village along the southern Manabi Province of Ecuador. Last night was a huge party, but Danny and I were somewhat out of our wits from all the travel and only managed to stay up till 1 or 2am drinking Mojitos and conversing about our travels. Woke up around noon, ate a cheap breakfast of eggs, bread, cheese, and ham and made out to the beach were we swam in the Pacific. The ocean was a warm greeting, a welcoming kiss from the Equatorial sun. We splashed in the waves and let the current kick us around, watching as the beach drifting us by. We'll most likely be here till Tuesday when we make our way back north up the coast to visit with some friends of mine in the small farming village of Rio Chico. You'll be hearing from me again later in the week as our journey unfolds. Already, I've almost grown weary of Ecuador and am looking forward to venturing into Peru. But so far, no real hassles and I suppose I can't be angry for that.

No comments:
Post a Comment